Potatoes, aren’t these the best of the veggies? Who does not love these earthy starchy root vegetable. So here is a recipe that befits this very versatile veggie. And I am submitting this as an entry to “No Croutons Required” hosted by Holler
I found this recipe here but I have changed a few things. My dish is called Tater Frenzy
4 medium potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled); cut into 1″ chunks
1 cup baby carrots, chopped
3/4 medium white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups plain soymilk
1/2 cup spring onions
1) In a large pot, boil the potatoes with 1 tsp of salt.
2) Add the chopped carrots after about 5 minutes.
3) In a small saucepan on the side, saute the
onions until they are soft and slightly browned. Remove
from heat, and set aside.
4) Add the garlic (I did not saute the garlic), sauteed onions, soy milk, butter, and sage. Using a hand-held whisk or potato masher, mash everything together until the mixture has thickened.
6) Simmer concoction over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching. Do not allow to boil.
7) Before serving, stir in balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper, if desired. I also garnished it with fresh chopped parsley and the chopped spring onions.
Judgement: It was tangy indeed, except I could taste much of the sage, may be dill seeds would have been better.