By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter- ConfuciusThe third one was not so bitter after all…
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp minced ginger
To make Croquettes:
1. Whisk together chickpea flour, oats, cumin, chili powder, and salt in bowl. Whisk in 3/4 cup hot water. Stir in remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. At this point because I had oats too the mixture seemed dry and would not bind together, the wise guy then mashed the whole thing up for me and we cooked it like vadas!
2. Coat nonstick skillet with oil; heat over medium heat. Scoop chickpea mixture into skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook both sides until golden.
3. I/ We spread some coriander chutney and tomato ketchup, served it as a sandwich on bread rolls with a simple salad and baked sweet potato fries on the side.
It was really good- and you can serve it anytime, make as sliders and you have snacks and make the full portion and you have either lunch or dinner!