This was love at first sight- the moment I laid eyes on this recipe I knew I had to make it. I said to myself ” oh you big white cauliflower in the fridge- here I come”.
2 small pizzas
Cauliflower crust (originally from detoxinista)
1 medium sized cauliflower (approximately 4 cups grated)
3,5 oz soft cream goats cheese (100 g) (I used goat cheese- probably different from goat cream cheese)
Salt & pepper
1. Grate the cauliflower in a food processor.
2. Microwave it will a bit of water for about 5minutes (it cgot cooked
3. Drain the cauliflower by wrapping it up in a dishtowel and squeezing all the water out. In a bowl mix cauliflower rice with cream cheese, egg and salt and pepper.
4. Heat oven to 400 °F/200 °C. Line a baking sheet and place 4 portions of cauliflower mix. Use your hands to form the crusts on the sheet, they should be about 1-1,5 cm (1/3 – 1/2 inch) thick. Bake the crusts for approximately 30-35 min, or until firm and golden.
1 can of organic, chopped tomatoes
A handful of fresh basil (from the garden of course)
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
A pinch of dried chili flakes
Salt & pepper
1. In a skillet heat oil and add onion, sauté for a few minutes. Add garlic and saute a few seconds and then add the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, while stirring every few minutes.
It should be a bit saucy.
For toppings, I went with thinly sliced yellow squash and a bit of grated sharp cheddar
To finish the pizzas:
1. Add tomato sauce on each crust (1-2 tbsp), spread it evenly.
2. Add your toppings
3. Bake the pizzas for approximately 10 min at 450 °F /225 °C until the cheese is golden.